Returning Veterans

Returning Veteran Student Checklist

Follow the steps to re-enroll and continue using your VA benefits. You may contact Tanisha Millender for further information in the Counseling and Testing Department.

If you are a veteran who no longer has VA benefits, you may qualify for the Texas Hazlewood Act: HE-V or HE-D, please contact the Financial Aid office for more information.

1. Complete the Re-Admission application to Brazosport College.
2. Meet with an Advisor to register for classes in the Counseling & Testing Department or you may self advise and register through myBC.
3. After you have registered for classes and your schedule is not expected to change, submit a BC Request to be Certified for VA Benefits form online. If you have not received an email from the VA indicating they have received that certification request within 4-6 weeks, please call 979-230-3473.
If your schedule changes in any way from what it is when you FIRST submit the 'BC Request to be Certified for VA Benefits' form, you must bring a new 'Statement of Account' from the Cashier's Office to the School Certifying Official's office in E-126, or call 979-230-3473 notifying us of the change in order for us to correct your original certification, VA file details, and report the correct tuition and fees for Post 9/11 GI Bill® students.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at