Helpful links to videos providing detailed instructions on creating FSA ID & FAFSA tips.
How to create FSA ID. FAFSA and FSA ID Tips.
Submit your FAFSA
- Complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. The IRS data retrieval tool is currently unavailable. Therefore, ALL students are required to obtain a copy of the TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPT directly from the IRS by calling 1-800-829-0922 or logging on to www.irs.gov. Brazosport College does NOT accept tax return forms.
- Sign your FAFSA with an FSA ID number. If providing parent information on the FAFSA, a parent must also sign apply for and sign with their own FSA ID.
- Verify you have listed each school code you want the FAFSA sent to
- Brazosport College: 007287
- Submit the form online. It takes up to 3 business days for our office to receive it electronically. Once our office receives a student's report, information is populated on their myBC account and a detailed instruction letter is mailed to the address listed on the FAFSA.
- If there is a delay/error in Brazosport College receiving your FAFSA you may contact:
- Department of Education at 1-800-4-FED-AID or 1-800-433-3243
Steps required once FAFSA is submitted to Brazosport College
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid forms are available online at www.brazosport.edu/financialaid. Students should check their myBC accounts to verify which forms are required.
- All students are required to fill out a Student Information Form & accept the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy on their myBC.
- All students are required to submit child support & Social Security/disability documentation (if applicable)
- If child support is paid or received through the Texas Attorney General's Office you may access your records at https://childsupport.oag.state.tx.us/wps/portal/csi.
- Dual Credit (high school) students are required to complete the financial aid Dual Credit agreement.
- The Department of Education randomly verifies a student's application. When this occurs, students must complete the specified financial aid Verification Form along with documentation listed within the form.
- Other Required Documents
- All previously attended accredited and unaccredited college or trade school transcripts.
- An official transcript is not necessary for financial aid purposes.
- For your convenience a faxed copy is acceptable. Please fax to 979-230-3543 and write ATTN: FINAID on the cover page of all faxed copies.
- Important Deadlines
- To assure financial aid is awarded prior to the payment due date, a complete file MUST be in the financial aid office by the following dates:
Fall Semester - June 1
Spring Semester - November 1
Summer Semester I and II - April 1
Students completing their file after the priority deadline will need to make payment plan arrangements or pay in full. Once the files is processed students are awarded the Pell Grant amount for which they qualify.
We are here to serve and assist you with your educational goals. It is the student's responsibility to confirm that all required documents have been received in the financial aid office.
Be mindful of our priority deadlines and know that we handle each file with the same careful attention in the order they are completed. Once you are awarded or denied we will notify you with a letter at the address provided on your FAFSA. Students should check myBC on the college website for information regarding their financial aid award status. If you are unsure of your six-digit BC PIN, the number must be obtained in person with picture ID from the Registrar's office to access myBC online.