Students who will have completed their BAT, AA, AS, AAT or AAS degree requirements during the following semesters are eligible to participate in the May Commencement Ceremony: Summer 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017, or Summer 2017.
Brazosport College will hold two Commencement Ceremonies on Saturday May 13, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. at the Dow Academic Center:
AA, AAT and AS Graduates Only 10:00 a.m. May 13, 2017
BAT and AAS Graduates Only 2:00 p.m. May 13, 2017
Commencement Rehearsal in the Dow Academic Center is as follows:
AA, AAT and AS Graduates Only 10:00 a.m. May 12, 2017
BAT and AAS Graduates Only 2:00 p.m. May 11, 2017
To participate in a Commencement Ceremony on May 13, 2017 complete the following steps:
- Fill out an Application for Degree and return it to the Registrar’s Office no later than
April 24, 2017 if you plan to participate.
- Fill out a Commencement Participation Form no later than April 24, 2017.
DO NOT TURN IN A COMMENCEMENT PARTICIPATION FORM IF YOU WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY.
- Cap & Gown : There is not a charge for Cap and Gown. Your cap and gown is
automatically ordered and may be picked up at the College Bookstore starting
April 18, 2017 and must be picked up no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May
- Attend Commencement Rehearsal at the appropriate time for your degree.
- Commencement Invitations: Each graduate will receive a limited number of
invitations free of charge. Invitations will be available beginning April 24, 2017 in
the Registrar’s Office. Any invitations that have not been picked up by 11:00
a.m. on Friday, May 5, 2017 will become available to graduates wanting additional
invitations. Please note: The number of invitations provided by the College does
not limit the number of guests that may attend.
- Information on where to park, check-in times, and other important information will
be provided at rehearsal.
Commencement Participation Forms will only be accepted through the online form.
If you have questions or need assistance with one of the required forms, please contact the Registrar’s Office:
Phone: (979) 230-3000
If you cannot return your degree application form in person, you may fax your completed form to (979) 230-3376, or email to: Admissions@brazosport.edu