Women’s Health Conference features stellar lineup
Set for Wednesday, May 21, the annual Southern Brazoria County Women’s Health Conference is designed to bring community women together for a day of education, inspiration and fun.
Brazosport Regional Health System and Brazosport College Community Education Center partner each year to host the all-day event.
This year the conference will feature Kathleen Passanisi, a recipient of the Lifetime Achievement award in the field of therapeutic humor who has helped thousands change their outlooks and their lives through enlightening and entertaining programs. If the stress in your life makes you want to cry, her program, Ladies, Life, and Laughter, will help you learn to laugh instead. Life can be easier and more fun when you know how to fill it with laughter and humor.
Along with the Keynote Speaker, the conference includes a stellar speaker lineup for the breakout sessions. The sessions will help educate women to make informed decisions about their well-being.
· Wellness for Women — Dr. Samatha Kadiyala, Dr. Alisa Berger, Dr. Michael Palmer and Jennifer Kucera, FNP-C.
· How Does a Woman Today Cope with a Painful Knee, Shoulder, or Hip — Dr. Charles Vega, Orthopedic Surgeon
· Understanding Allergies — Dr. Stephanie Herrera, ENT
· Influence of Weight on Women’s Health — Dr. Mini Rehki, Obstetrician and Gynecologist
· Enrich Your Life through Volunteerism — Meredith King, True Life Ministries; Tess Holtzclaw, United Way; Terri Willis, Brazoria County Dream Center; and Tracy Soileau, Elmcroft Assited Living
· No Time for Stress — Shelley Moody, Brazosport College
· Why Can’t My Child Make a Good Decision — Cheryl Sellers, Communities in Schools
· Risks and Benefits of Hormone Therapy — Ashlee Williams, Pharmacist at Walgreens
· Fit 2 Live-Fit 2 Laugh-Fit 2 Love — Merie Abercrombie, Best Body by Merie
· HPV: What Women Need to Know — Megan Curran, Hologic
· Stress-Free Nutrition for Success — Beate Damm, Best Body Bootcamp Fitness
· Financial Stability — Kerry Drabek, First State Bank
· Answers for the Hard to Ask Questions — Jeanette Taylor, NAMI Gulf Coast; Carie Fletcher, BACODA; Joe Gardzina, ADAPT Programs
· Heart and Home — Katherine Ashby, Feng Shui Houston
For a day of seminars, screenings, networking and lunch, the registration fee is $20. For more information about the conference or to register, please call 979.230.3600 or visit www.brazosport.edu/ce.
About Brazosport Regional Health System:
Brazosport Regional, a Thomson 100 Top Hospital, is located on a beautiful 25-acre campus in Lake Jackson, Texas offering state of the art diagnostic and comprehensive treatment services with care and compassion. Our nationally accredited hospital ensures premium care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to meet the ever-changing healthcare needs of our community. For you and your family, it all adds up to the right care…right here. Additional information about Brazosport Regional Health System can be found at www.brazosportregional.org.
About Brazosport College:
Located in Lake Jackson, Texas, Brazosport College offers a broad range of courses and classes to address diverse educational objectives. Students planning to pursue a bachelor’s degree can enroll in academic classes, as well as courses in major fields of study, which will transfer to four-year schools. Recognized by the Aspen Institute as one of the nation’s top 10 community colleges, Brazosport College also offers more than 20 certificate programs and is one of three schools in Texas to offer a Bachelor Degree in Applied Technology. For more information about Brazosport College, visit www.brazosport.edu.